05:45 Wake Up & Shower 06:10 Inspection in Hostel 06:30 Breakfast & Sick Bay 07:15 All Boarders to School 07:20 Morning Briefing Assembly 07:30 School Day starts 10:10 Tea Break 10:40 School Lessons continue 13:20 School Lessons End 13:20 Lunch 14:00 Sport or Farm Section 16:00 Section Ends 16:30 Sport Ends 16:30 Dorms Open & Shower Time 17:30 Dinner & Sick Bay 18:30 Prep Starts 19:30 Prep Break 19:45 Prep Continues 20:30 Prep Ends & Free Time 21:00 Quiet Time 21:30 Lights Out
MORNING FARM SECTION DUTY
04:30 Report to Dairy 05:00 Report to Farm Animal Section 06:00 Back to Hostel
18:30 Prep Starts 20:00 Prep Ends 20:30 Quiet Time 21:00 Lights Out
Beds stripped and made with clean sheets, duvet covers and pillow slips. Shoes polished. Cupboards neat and in order. Clothes A4 Uniform inspection. Desks neat and free from toiletries. Common room tidy. Clothes and shoes removed from bathrooms. Gumboot room tidy. Clean shaven, hair and nails neat. Laundry in bag and laundry list correctly completed. No items on top of cupboards. Shoes in cupboards. Bags stored away.
- Have you completed and submitted all the relevant documentation re-quired from you?
- Have you completed your son’s medical health record, please submit one with your documents.
- Sister Baillie is our sister on duty and can be contacted re medication on email@example.com Scholars are not allowed meds in hostel and must hand all meds to Sister for dispensing.
- You will be notified if your child is admitted overnight to Sick Bay, con-sults with a GP or is admitted to hospital. Parents of Day Scholars will be contacted if the school feels the child needs to be collected from school.
- The school strongly recommends your son is covered by Medical Aid in case of emergencies.
- Please submit confirmation that your child has had a Tetanus vaccination prior to arriving at Weston.
- Parents of Boarders will need to complete an Exeat Form should they wish their children to leave the boarding house.
- This form needs to be completed and e-mailed to Hostel Masters no later than 10:00 on Wednesdays.
- Copies can be obtained on D6 or at the School’s Front Office.
- All Boarders must be signed in and out at the security gate. Boarders are to return to school by 17:00 on Sunday or 07:00 on a Monday morning. The exception to that is at the beginning of a New Term and following a Half Term Break when it is compulsory for them to return by 17:00 the evening before school starts.
- Boarders may not go out on a Friday if they have sport on the Saturday morning – they may leave after 1st Team games.
- Boarders going out for the day (08:30 – 17:00) must also complete an Exeat Form and submit no later than 10:00 on previous Wednesday.
- Kindly note these procedures are for the safety of your children.
- All Boarders to depart school in their No 1 uniforms.
- Boarders (Gr9 – 12) may bring their bicycles to school but should a large repair need to be done they will have to be taken home at Half Term/End of Term to be repaired. Bicycles may be locked in the bicycle room.
“CIVIES” AND SWIMMING
- Boarding scholars may only bring 4/5 sets of appropriate civies to school. Weston has a pool so please supply your child with a costume and swimming towel.
- New Boys will not be permitted cell phones during the First Term. There-after they will be advised of the school’s Cell Phone Policy and expected to adhere to it.
- Please do not send your son to school with large amounts of cash and also please encourage them to keep their personal items locked away in their rooms.
- All clothing must be clearly marked with sew on labels, not marking pens or iron on labels.
- Boys must use their own laundry bags and lists for their washing. No laundry will be accepted unless the laundry list is correctly filled out in duplicate.
- Jolly bags must be used for socks and underpants. Please supply cable ties to secure jolly bags. Failing this, laundry will not be done. Clothing that is badly torn will not be accepted by the laundry.
- Scholars will be advised of hand in and collection times. If a learner does not abide to these times the laundry will not be accepted or returned.
- Laundry Times : Hand in Monday—Collect Wednesday lunch time. Hand in Tuesday— Collect Thursday lunch time. Hand in Wednesday—Collect Friday lunch time.
Boarders Dorm Kit
1 Large Suitcase or Trunk
1 Weekend Bag / Travel Bag
1 School Bag
1 Toiletry Bag and Toiletries
1 Alarm Clock
1 Table Lamp
1 Two-Prong Plug
12 Coat Hangers
1 Tuck Box - lockable
3 Padlocks with keys
1 Shoe Cleaner Kit
2 Laundry Bags
2 Jolly Bags (Underwear) & 30 cable ties to close jolly bags
2 Pillows and 1 Duvet Inner
2 Sets of Bed Linen - pillow cases, sheets and duvet covers